Monday, November 5, 2012

The other election day!

On the eve of the U.S. elections I thought you would like to know that N ran for student council at his school.  I didn't find out until after the fact.  Frankly speaking since the ulpan hours that were finally granted to our kids last week, disappeared this week I am not really sure how N or L understand much of what happens in that school.  Last week N spoke about a math test and I was actually just happy that he knew he had a math class.  I'm not exaggerating.  L's teacher seems to have taken a more proactive approach (and I think must know more English) and is helping L along.  Supposedly the hours are actually starting this week though I won't hold my breath and in the meantime we have hired a private tutor.  But I digress.

Apparently N wrote a speech and had the principal deliver it.  He made quite a few campaign promises  and unless he has become fast friends with a philanthropist that I don't know about I think he would have difficulty coming through on most of them.  I'm not too worried though as I would be rather surprised if some kid who just arrived from America and doesn't know the rules of the road yet is elected to student council but I'll keep you posted.

I don't think a day goes by that I'm not amazed that we are actually in Israel.  It's true that some days it might be more like "what in the world are we doing in Israel?" but mostly it's "Wow."

No comments:

Post a Comment